Image Map

Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend Fun!

Well it's Monday...hope you had a great weekend!  Remember when I told you we may be doing something impulsive and crazy this weekend?!?  Well....we did!  We were offered a free weekend rental due to the Grand Marquis incident, so Derek and I thought "why don't we go somewhere!"  Now I know it's not so crazy and impulsive to drive somewhere in the country on a whim for some people like Kate (Girlfriend is always traveling and has been everywhere =)!!!)  BUT for us, it was CARAZY to get in a car and just drive somewhere!

We were going to go to Nashville because we haven't been....but then the forecast called for rain....so after chatting with my friend from out of town and finding out there was a big weekend planned....we went to Chicago!!!  We had a such a great weekend!  We love Chicago, especially the pizza and shopping!  Alright, alright...on to the pictures:

Since it was extremely last minute, we wanted to stay at a hotel on Friday and Saturday so we weren't intruding on our friends.  We tried out a new hotel this time (Intercontinental) and it was in a great location and pretty nice.  BUT still not my favorite that we have stayed in.  I did love how we could see the beautiful blue water and beaches from our hotel room!




Friday night, we wanted to try out a new restaurant.....we chose Lawry's The Prime Rib.  WE both LOVE prime rib and man was it delicious!!!  The service was a bit weird, but I loved that the butcher cut your piece of prime rib in front of you!  Yum Yum!




Saturday afternoon, Derek and I tried out a new pizza place (deep-dish of course!) and went shopping most of the day!  Ahh heaven!  Giordano's may be my new fav in Chicago!



Saturday night, our friends, Emily and Nick, had some fun-times planned by renting a trolley.  The trolley made about 3 stops at bars in different neighborhoods throughout Chicago.  It was such a great way to visit different parts of the city!  It was a super fun night!



Thanks Emily for letting us stay and come last minute =)  WE had a blast!

Hope you had a great weekend too!
Photobucket

13 comments:

Raven said...

yes, Miss Kate is a travelin' fool (who needs kids asap cause she is getting a leeeeetle too close to that dog of hers)

but you should have gone to Nashville! I LOOOOOVE Nashville!

However, Chicago seems pretty cool and is more definitely on my list of places to go. Love the pictures, you two are adorable!!

Anonymous said...

So jealous! It looks like you had a fabulous time :) I have never visited Chicago but want to so bad...mostly because of that deep dish pizza. It's kinda my favorite haha

I would love for you to stop by my blog! I am starting a Marriage Mondays series and would love to have you link up!

www.kirstenjoywilson.com

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Looks like an amazing weekend, I'm totally jealous! I've never been to Chicago and have wanted to go forever!

Kristen said...

Giordano's is really good pizza! Great place to go if you really want to try authentic Chicago deep dish pizza. Looks like you had a great weekend! :)

dave and jenn said...

What a fun weekend! Love what you are doing with your pictures too... What program are you using?

asj said...

looks like a blast, and that deep dish pizza looks to DIE FOR!

Brunette & Blessed said...

I love giordanos! its so good. Glad you could try it

Jax said...

SO freaking fun! I LOVE Chicago! Seriously, I haven't found a city I love as much as Chicago yet.. besides Tulsa.. but that's for different reasons... :) You guys look adorable and I'm so glad you went for the spontaneous trip!

Caitlin C. said...

You are your husband are adorable! Looks like you had so much fun!!

Faith said...

that looks like such a fun time and the food looks soooo good! yum!

Michaela said...

Ah, man! What a totally fun weekend! So glad you had a good time. That foods looks delish right about now. You look so cute in your pictures! xo

Emily said...

So happy you and Derek came to Chicago!! We had so much fun, visit again anytime :):)

Mrs. Monica said...

What a fun get-a-away.... I want to visit Emily too.