Image Map

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Man v Food


Ever watch the Travel Channel’s Man v. Food?  Well you should tonight!  On tonight’s episode, Adam Richman is in Cincinnati!  I hear he is not completing the food challenges this season; rather, he is having somebody local try and beat the food challenges.  A bit disappointing, but I can’t wait to see it tonight!

The challenge in Cincinnati is at Izzy’s



Derek and I have never been to Izzy’s, so we gave it a shot tonight.  I’m not a big sauerkraut / reuben / or any type of corned meat type-of-gal. BUT, Derek loves this stuff!  Derek and I honestly thought the food was eh….ok….but here is what the challenge is in case you miss the episode tonight:


 

“The 110 Reuben Challenge is a huge sandwich that needs to be eaten in 30 minutes along with the jumbo side order of Izzy’s own kosher sliced pickles. Here's what makes up the sandwich: a super-sized potato pancake, 1.1 lb. of Izzy’s Famous Corned Beef, 3 pints of sauerkraut, eight slices of imported Swiss cheese, and a heap of thousand island dressing -- all on a gigantic poppy seed oval loaf.”



Have you ever done/completed a food challenge?  I really want to....especially a pizza one!


Hope you are having a great week!
Photobucket

8 comments:

Sean Marie said...

That's exciting! I've seen that show and it's insane how big the challenges are. It's cool that you can say you've been there and it's neat to see someplace local on TV.

dave and jenn said...

We love that show! I have never completed a food challenge, and I don't think I'd be very good at it... I almost always leave food on my plate. :(

I think Dave would try one though!

Annie said...

i LOVE man vs food! that show makes me so hungry and i think i could give him a run for his money ;) i can sure eat a lot of food in one sitting.

p.s. cute blog! new follower.

Michelle said...

I want to so bad! When I went to Vegas, someone was trying to finish this burrito challenge and it was massive!

Kristen said...

When he came to KC, he went to a couple good restaurants that I LOVE. However for the challenge, he went somewhere I haven't been before. Ryan and I thought about checking it out sometime...

And I thought it was weird that Adam doesn't do the challenges himself anymore, but when you think about it...I'm sure his Doctor told him not to anymore. haha

Fabrizia Spinelli said...

I never done a food challenge, but here in Italy thet kind of challenge is not so much diffuse! Take a look at my blog, and if you like it follow me, I’ll be waiting for you!

Cosa mi metto???

Mrs. Pancakes said...

A food challenge sounds like fun but i can't even imagine eating all that food at once anyway!

his little lady said...

aww, i love man vs. food. i went to all the places he went when he came to seattle. i think the hubby could win any food challenge. i don't know where all the food goes on that boy, ha
xo TJ