Image Map

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Surprise, Suprise

First, Brutus thanks you all so much for all the sweet comments!  Now, as mentioned yesterday, I want to show you the newest addition to the house.  I would like to remind you what it looked like before…..now you didn’t think I was pregnant did you haha…..

Before:

 
After:

Wait, did you notice?  LOL, I just noticed it doesn’t look that different…..but we got LANDSCAPING!!!  We are so excited to finally have our landscaping done / not be the only house in the entire development without landscaping, haha! 

I swear it looks so good and adds so much to the house!  It was dark by the time I got home, and it was raining all day (may get snow tonight!), and not to mention all of our landscaping will look so much better once spring is here.  But let me point out some of our plants:


Blue spruce with some stone outcroppings, boxwoods, and those stick-like plants framing our doorway our dwarf korean lilac plants.  See I told you Brutus loves all the new additions.  In fact, he insistently pees on all of them every time he goes outside to mark his territory!


Maiden grass by our garage and blue star junipers around the lamp-post to coordinate with the blue color from the blue spruce tree


More of the green velvet boxwoods in front of our garage


To the right of our front door, there are more (I know) boxwoods, an ornamental japanese maple tree and 3 knockout rose bushes by the side of the house (they will be a mixture of both red and pink)


And lastly, our big tree!  I’m so excited for this baby to bloom.  It is a schubert cherry tree so it will start off will green leaves/white blooms in the spring and then turn to a purplish color in the summer/fall


Whew, I never thought I would talk about plants so much in my life!  Haha, hope I didn’t bore you to death.  But I’ll definitely take a re-do in the spring for you =) 

If it is hard for you to imagine, I’ll share with you a picture that our landscaper created for us except I we opted for no boulders (don’t even get my husband started…..)


Hope you are having a good week!
Photobucket

22 comments:

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Your house is beautiful girly! love love it!

Allison said...

Love the landscaping!! I want to live there, your house is beautiful!!

C Mae said...

It looks great! a little bit goes such a long way~~

Emily said...

It looks great! You'll be surprised how fast everything grows! We have some bushes that need trimmed back multiple times every year! :)

Michelle said...

Your house is super pretty!

Steph said...

Your house is gorgeous and your landscaping looks awesome! I admit, I was thinking you had a bun in the oven but I guess I'll settle for new plants for now :)

Kristen said...

Looks great!!! It really adds a lot to the home. :)

the girl in the red shoes said...

I LOVE the new addition! It is going to look so great once everything grows in!

asj said...

so cute, they did a great job! I agree with the no boulders too, good call!

Erin said...

Looks SO good, I love it! It's amazing how different a place can look with landscaping!

Lauren said...

Looks so awesome girl!!!! I was excited when we got landscaping too ;-)

alicia said...

your house is beautiful! the landscaping makes a big difference - it looks really nice!

Faith said...

your house is absolutely gorgeous! the landscapping brings it out even more! love it!!!

Kate said...

It looks fantastic -- nice work! Those decisions can be SO stressful. Brutus looks happy :)

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful house!!!

ms.composure said...

loving the house! and yes you can def tell a diff when you get some good landscaping done!!

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

henning love said...

wow the landscaping looks amazing!

Jax said...

I love it! I totally noticed the landscaping from photo to photo! So fabulous!

Sean Marie said...

You freakin' tease! Your home seriously is gorgeous though. It looks picture perfect.

dave and jenn said...

Okay, I'll admit that I thought *maybe* you were going to announce that you were pregnant. Ha! But I also did notice the addition of the landscaping as soon as I saw the pictures. It looks great! Why don't builders put landscaping in any more? We don't have any in front of our house either, and we have meaning to add it for a while now...

Natalie and Lee said...

I LOVE ALL YOUR LANDSCAPING!!!! Ok, so the maiden grass, blue spruce, blue stars, and junipers WILL be added to our yard ASAP. I am TERRIBLE with plants/trees but do you think they will survive in Alabama (I know, I sound so dumb...lol) It looks fabulous girl!:)

Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights said...

Your house is so pretty! I love it so much! The landscaping looks FANTASTIC! So happy for y'all! :) Yay!