Image Map

Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas DIY Tutorials

Happy Friday!!  I’m sure all of you saw my first Christmas DIY tutorial with the “J-O-Y Apothecary Jars”....but now that I’ve done one, I want to do more!!  This weekend I plan on completing some tutorials for you from, of course, Pinterest.   Hopefully I’ll have some pictures to post next week!  This is the project I would like to conquer:



Shouldn't be too hard right?  Wish me luck!

Anyway, just in case you missed the first DIY project, I thought I would post it again:

These are DIY apothecary jars that I adapted from Shanty-2-Chic's blog.  For Christmas time, you can use “J-O-Y” or during Halloween, you can use “B-O-O”….I’m sure there are a lot more combos!


Here are the steps:

1.) Gather your supplies! Here is what you need:
  • 3 jars with lids- differing sizes if you like
  • 3 wooden letters that spell "joy"
  • 3 wooden finials
  • 3 4x4 wooden bases
  • 3 5x5 wooden bases
  • 3 wooden candle sticks- differing sizes if you like
  • Ribbon to hang the letters
  • Holiday ribbon to tie around finials
  • Black acrylic paint
  • Christmas candy
  • Gorilla Glue 


    2) Paint finials, lids of jars, all bases, candle sticks, and letters black with the acrylic paint.  I added a little black glitter acrylic paint to my letters, but it is up to you!



    3) Using the gorilla glue, adhere candle sticks to top and bottom bases.  Also, glue the finials on top of the lids.



    4) Fill the jars with any type of item; I used the mints.  Here's a hint.....don't use a candy that you have to unwrap.  Please use my stupidity and don't make this mistake!  I unwrapped...and unwrapped for what seemed forever!  You could use mini ornaments, Christmas bells, tinsel, or anything you like!




    5)  Lastly, assemble and make beautiful! 

    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Photobucket

    11 comments:

    Sam W. said...

    these are gorgeous! i love that you can switch them out for different holidays.

    they would be cute with candy hearts and "I <3 U" for valentines!

    Michelle said...

    Cute! Hopefully I can get some decorations done this weekend.

    Faith said...

    can't wait to see your new project! i loved the first one you did!

    have a great weekend!

    Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

    Now those are awesome!

    alicia said...

    this is such a cute DIY! thanks for sharing.

    Caitlin C. said...

    These are beautiful!! I definitely want to try this.

    Jax said...

    Ohmygosh! I want to see how you do that first tree project! I'll be tuning back in (aka stalking) to see!

    Brittany said...

    These are too cute! Thanks for sharing :)

    henning love said...

    girl you are so creative! i love that project so fun and festive. great job!

    Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

    this is great! Thanks for sharing!

    Julie @ The Smitten Mintons said...

    I adore those jars!!! I had no idea they were put together like that with separate pieces, they look amazing and so fancy! :) Can't wait to see the trees!