Image Map

Monday, December 19, 2011

Random Monday & Special Birthday!


That's right....it is this little big guy's 2nd birthday today!  A big HAPPY birthday to our little man, Brutus! 

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  I have a lot of random things on my mind that I thought I would share with you!


Personal Space: I had a great trip to South Dakota!  I got to spend a lot of time with my sister, have dinner cooked for me every night, enjoy my adorable little nieces and nephew, visit my dad every day….pretty much a success!  The only thing I have to complain about is flying.  Seriously, people don’t know what personal space is anymore.  Good thing my flights are short, because I about went crazy on a woman who was practically resting her elbow on my hip…..please, I cannot stand to have strangers soooo close to me!



Crazy Holiday Shoppers: So, I had a hair appointment on Saturday afternoon.  No biggie right….just leave the exact amount of time to get there because WHY would I have to deal with traffic.  CRAZY HOLIDAY SHOPPERS, that’s why.  See my hair place is off the same exit as the only-good-mall-in-Cincinnati.  Thus, I had to wait THIRTY minutes (yes, that’s 3-0) just to get off on the exit……stopped dead on the highway at 3:00 on a Saturday!!!  I almost lost my appointment because of these crazy shoppers!


Deli Counter Man: On Sunday, I went grocery shopping (of-a-lifetime) because I haven’t been to the grocery store in probably about 2 months…literally.  Anyway, I was standing around the always-crazy deli counter when finally, my number was called.  A nice guy was helping me out…..and after I asked for the honey turkey, he proceeded to ask me, “What grade are you?”  AND I’m so stunned, I kept thinking….he can’t possibly mean high school grade, right?!?  So I questionably ask, “Grade….as in high school?”  He replies with YES……I was speechless.  I’m mean, I know I don’t get dressed up for the grocery store…..but high school, really?


The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: Wednesday….Excited!!!  Need I say more " :-)



Christmas Card
Christmas Cards: FINALLY sent out.  This meant a trip to the post office…another crazy hot spot right before Christmas.  Luckily, I had Derek there with me to maneuver that long line!


A BIG thank you!!:  And lastly, a huge thank you to Faith who was so sweet and passed on the Liebster Award to me!  Thank you so much for your kind words and making my day :-)

Photobucket

19 comments:

Erin said...

LOVE your cute Christmas card! Ours turned out a little rough this year because we were pressed for time. Hoping for a better outcome next year, lol!

Sarah said...

Kenwood is nuttsoo. I was there on Saturday and regretted it the whole time!

Courtney said...

Oh your Christmas Card turned out so cute! I love the pictures and colors you chose!
And our pups are 2 two weeks apart in age, Ms. Willow will be turning 2 on the 30th. They are so meant to be.

C Mae said...

Your X mas cards are super adorable!!!! Very classy!

Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights said...

I love your Christmas cards!!! They are too cute for words! And I am so with you on the personal space on planes - like keep your elbow within your seat space. Humph!!! XOXO

PS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRUTUS! Ruff ruff, Jacques-Imo

Sean Marie said...

Happy birthday Brutus! I SO know what you mean about personal space. I hate crowds and get so flustered being in them. People are way too close for comfort. And oh my gosh I love your Christmas card! You and your hubby are one good looking couple. :)

Ashley said...

get out! your christmas card is adorable!!!!

happy birthday sweet brutus!!!!

JJ said...

Happy Birthday Brutus! We always have a big celebration for our pup. Super cute cards!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Love your Christmas picture!!! Happy Birthday Brutus!!!

Faith said...

ok, i was reading along ... and then all of a sudden i see my picture. i totally blinked three times because i thought somehow my computer is freaking out, haha. you are so very welcome! i adore your blog!

omg, i hate more than anything sitting on a plane where the person doesn't realize personal space. what is wrong with them?

high school? maybe that's a compliment, hehe :)

glad you didn't lose your hair appt!

and last but not least, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRUTUS!

Faith said...

P.S. i just love your Christmas cards! maybe next year i'd do something neat ... and not send the generic Christmas cards :)

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday to Brutus!! :)

Love the Christmas cards!

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

yay birthday boy brutus. bailey sends his wishes :-)

those christmas cards are so precious! i love them.

alicia said...

cute christmas card!

the girl in the red shoes said...

Your Christmas card is adorable! I love it!

Mrs. H said...

I detest people in my seat on planes or anywhere in my personal space but I gave up that battle because I'm petite and always stuck in the middle and being petite I think people target me. It's not just in my head I really think they do target me. Lol!

Desi said...

I found your blog through Faith's... so glad I did. I'm an Ohio girl too... lived in Cincinnati all my life :) Your blog is adorable, you and your hubby seem like the kinda couple I wanna hang with. And I want your dog. Happy birthday to the little cutie! I am your newest follower :)

http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

Love your Christmas card so cute :-)

dave and jenn said...

I love your Christmas cards! And I know what you mean about the crazy holiday shopping crowds. It's every man, woman, and child for themselves out there right now!