Image Map

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Book Reviews

I’ve been a busy little bee with reading lately!  It’s about the only thing I want to do.  Thus, I have some reviews for all of you.


So, this is the 2nd book of the Divergent series by Veronica Roth.  Honestly, I’m really looking forward to the third book because Insurgent just left me with so many questions…in not really a good way : (  Basically, the book was all over the place and left me so confused!  Hopefully I don’t have to wait an entire year again until the next book to come out.




I got this book suggestion from the New York Times bestseller list.  When I need a new book to read, I usually turn to this list for ideas.  Overall, if you like books with some litigation/court system, then this is the book for you.  I seriously had an “ah-ha” moment…as in I spoke to myself out loud people!  Carazy!



Ok, let me preface this with saying, I don’t like Nicholas Sparks.  Not his books…not his movies….not even The Notebook!  I can’t handle the tragedies in his writing…seriously too predictable and sad for me.  However, I turned to NYT best seller list, and when I saw that Zac Efron was playing the lead in The Lucky One movie….I had to give it a shot.
My thoughts:  It wasn’t that bad!  Definitely still annoyed throughout the whole book but I thought this book was alright.  An easy read.


That’s all that I have for now….right now I’m reading Bethenny Frankel’s Skinnydipping….stay tuned for my review soon!

Any suggestions for a book that I need to read?


post signature

11 comments:

Lauren said...

I want to read The Lucky One badly! :-)

JJ said...

OMG I feel the SAME way about Nicholas Sparks. I hated the Notebook. I thought I was the only female on the planet who didn't love that movie.

I knew I liked you for a reason.

I really liked The Lucky One..surprisingly.

C Mae said...

I have read all of Nicholas Sparks books, but NONE of them ever seem to compare to the Notebook, which has always been my favorite book even before it was ever made into a movie. His books sadly have kinda dwindled off my favorites list, as they have become all to predictable.

Kristen said...

I agree about Nicholas Sparks about his books becoming predictable. There are a couple of his that are favorites of mine, especially The Lucky One, but I'm not sure if I'll ever re-read them.

Courtney said...

I JUST started Insurgent and I've heard the same thing from everyone who has read it so far... just gives you more questions than answers.
And I agree with you, I don't like Nicholas Sparks either and I always get the weirdest looks when I say that.

Mrs. Pancakes said...

great reviews....have you seen the movie for the Lucky one? i wonder if the book is better!

Mrs. H said...

I just saw the Insurgent while at B&N. I thought about buying it but didn't. I went with Emily Griffin's Baby Proof instead. Its the only book left of hers I haven't read. Nice reviews.

dave and jenn said...

I've read Baby Proof too and really enjoyed it (keep in mind I was in my mid-twenties when I read it though and didn't want kids...but I still think I would like it now). I am still trying to decide whether I want to read 50 Shades of Grey or The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo next....

Caitlin C. said...

I loved The Lucky One!! I just started reading Fifty Shades of Grey... I have mixed reviews but I can't seem to put it down!

Faith said...

I'm reading 50 shades of grey right now ... Not sure how I feel about it ... When I'm finished I'll def let you know :)

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I used to like Sparks books for a quick read...but them they all got predicatble. It was like the same basic plot over and over again.

I recently read Bloom by Kelle Hampton, Two Kisses for Maddy by Matt Loeglin and Room by I don't remember. Haha. All three were good.

I'm currently reading the 50 Shades Trilogy which are as addictive as everyone says!