Image Map

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summer Reads

So with the trip, and a lot of time not watching TV, I’ve been reading a lot of “beach reads”.  Notice the quotations around beach reads?  Well, by that I mean, young adult fiction, chicklit, etc. etc.  Basically, cute little romance books that are easy reads.  So just throwing it out there, don’t expect these books to be intelligent reads.  BUT, you can count on these books to keep you entertained!

 

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire.  This story was a little immature for my preference.  Even though the story was set in college, it seemed more like high school.  That being said, I liked the relationship of the two lead characters and the development of their story.



Because of Low by Abbi Glines.  I really like this author.  This was a cute story line.  There is actually a book before this one with some of the same characters.  Easy read.



Like most of these books, I get either the author or the book off the NY Best Seller list.  This book is one that was on the list…and after reading the synopsis, I thought I would hate the book.  However, I bought it because of the great reviews.  This book was so good and addicting!!  A little depressing and not really a good-feeling book, but definitely very good.





True Love and Other Disasters by Rachel Gibson.  I loved this book.  This is another author that I could continuing reading all her books…..however, this one has been my favorite of hers.



Any suggestions of beach books or other good books to read?



post signature

8 comments:

Rebecca @ Frugal Fashion Mommy said...

Thanks for the book suggestions! I have been thinking a lot this past week about some new books that I should get this summer, so now I have some to look forward too! I'm excited!

Rebecca
www.frugalfashionmommy.blogspot.com

Katrin said...

I need lots of new books for the summer! Thank you for the suggestions!

Courtney said...

Thank you for this!! I needed some ideas before we leave on vacation this weekend!

Lauren said...

Thanks girl needed some ideas for our beach vacations this summer :-) I'm currently reading The Wedding Gift so good!

Sunshine - www.cancersurvivor26.blogger.com said...

I just finished reading 50 shades of grey.

www.cancerinthecity.com

Allison said...

I just read The Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin and am starting Gone Girl whenever the library gets it in. Apparently it's new and very popular. Thanks for sharing...I always love finding new books!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the recommendations - I will definitely check out the Rachel Gibson book!
Now following,


xo Georgina

angie said...

Some great suggestions there! The Shopaholic series books are a good easy read for a nice sunny day! x