Image Map

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

peaks, pits, praises, and prayers

Married...With a Pup


Happy Tuesday!  Today is the PPPP linkup…hope you share your peaks, pits, praises & prayers with us.

Peaks: highlights of the week; overall positives
Pits: low point(s) of the week
Praises: praising God for specific things that have happened throughout the week
Prayers: prayer requests that arose during the week or have been lingering


Peaks
  • Already looking forward to this weekend.  Have a fun birthday party to attend for my friend Em (totally did not mean to rhyme that!).
  • I know I say this every other week (right after the weekends that Derek works), I’m so happy that I got our house cleaned and organized.  Feels so good to come home to that.  Can I get an “Oh-Yeah!"?
  • I received a sewing machine for Christmas and I’m so excited to try my first project with it soon (see prayer…)
  • Pitch Perfect is available to rent tomorrow and I’m SO.EXCITED!  I’ve heard it is so good from so many people.

Pits
  • Even though I get all this stuff done while Derek is working over the weekends, I don’t get to see much of him.  I miss my husband!
  • I haven’t been feeling that well the past few days…hope I get back to normal soon!

Praises
  • So thankful for the beautiful weather we had over the weekend (65!).  However, that just gave me a major case of spring fever.

Prayers
  • Thinking about our neighbors who are experiencing some difficulties with their pregnancy
  • Hoping for a more positive outlook
  • Wishing my husband will take care of a specific situation that I don’t want to deal with involving our house.
  • Praying said sewing machine project goes well :) 


*Honestly, I was feeling pretty negative when I started writing this post last night.  After I was done, I felt soo much better.  This quick exercise definitely puts things in perspective (aka, having so many more peaks than pits!).





post signature

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon! Can't wait to see your first sewing project!

Margaret said...

I also got a sewing machine for Christmas! Haven't done anything yet- but my mom and I are going to make a quilt together and I'm super excited about it!

Courtney said...

I am SO excited to rent Pitch Perfect, I watched the first 5 minutes a few weeks ago and I was dying laughing!

Kristen said...

I really need to clean our house. Ugh. haha

Pitch Perfect is the best!

Faith said...

I need to clean my house. Badly. Boo to that. Since I have a 3 day weekend I'll be sure to get my behind in gear!

I hope you feel better soon. It sucks not feeling 100%.

I've heard so many things about Pitch Perfect. I want to watch it too!

So awesome that you got a sewing machine for Christmas. I can't wait to see what you whip up!!

Faith said...

p.s. i'll link up next week!

Tami said...

This is such a great link-up! Thanks so much for hosting. Good luck with your sewing project! I'm sure it will go perfectly!

Brittany said...

I want to link up to this next week! I have been wanting to see Pitch Perfect as well!

Angela - RoseTinted Lenses said...

Great PPPP I must link up next week!!
I got a sewing machine 2 Christmas' ago, and not yet done anything I intended to...so annoyed at myself! Excited to see what you do :)
Hope you feel better soon xx

R's Rue said...

I love this!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
Come say hi!

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

aww hope you feel better and I dislike not "seeing" my husband either, sometimes I miss him even thou we are side-by-side on the couch...doing homework or grading or lesson planning and that's not really being together, does that make sense? An OH Yeah!! I love a clean house too!! Have a great weekend!!