Image Map

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Random Wednesday

Linking up with Shanna today for a little bit of randomness today.

Confession: I love these little realty t.v. clips.  Can’t stop laughing whenever I see them!

Photobucket

Haha, every time!
 
Photobucket

Did you hear about Blue Ivy’s first birthday party?
 
Supposedly, Beyonce and Jay-Z spent a whopping $200,000 buckaroos.  Crazy amounts of money spent on her gift ($80,000 diamond encrusted, custom made, Barbie doll), flowers/decorations, swag bags, costumes, cake, etc.  A little excessive maybe (you think), but I guess that’s what you get when you have these two mega-celebrities as your parents.
 
 
 
According to a recent survey done by the Center for Disease Control, Cincinnati ranks as #16 as the most hungover city in America.  Actually, Ohio leads all states by having FIVE cities in the top 25!  You can read the rest of the article here if you want to see if your city made the list.
 
 
 
I finished this book over the holidays and I couldn’t wait to share it with you ladies.  This was possibly one of my favorite novels of last year.  The story centers around a roadtrip between two strangers.  Usually this story-line would not peak my interests.  However, this book has it all!  Must read.
 



post signature

17 comments:

Sharon said...

i have just found your blog and i really like it!! im following :)

Courtney said...

I love when you post about recent books you've read that you like. I've gotten a few from the library and I think we have similar reading tastes because I always love them. Just orderd this one for pick up =)

Kristen said...

The book is officially on my to read list. :)

Faith said...

of course they did that! i don't know why SO much money has to spent on a first birthday party. kinda blows my mind.

i'll have to pick up the book!

The Better Belle Project said...

Definitely adding that book to my reading list!

Not at all surprised about Ohio's tendency to drink, I drink less living in Vegas than I did when I lived in Columbus! haha

Staci said...

Hi new follower here..I could look at Teresa Giudice GIFs all day. They are my favorite! And I can't wait to check out that book!

Erin said...

I am utterly obsessed with the little memes/gifs (I still don't know the difference) things. I could click through them all god darn day

Erin said...

Those gif/clips crack me up every time!!

The 1st bday party seriously disgusts me... UGH! Think of all that could do for charity or good or something!!!

dave and jenn said...

Every one year old needs a diamond-covered Barbie doll. And there's no way it could be a choking hazard, right? Geez...

Brittany said...

Wow, sounds like Blue Ivy had a fantastic birthday! Thanks for sharing about the book, I need something new to read.

Whitney said...

haha i love those reality tv clips. and dang Blue Ivy is one lucky girl! Thanks for the post! happy to be following along now! i'm excited to read more and get to know you better :) would love if you stopped by mine!

michaelandwhitneyweekes.blogspot.com

Allison said...

I've been looking for a new good book to read! I think I found it!! Thanks!

Angela - RoseTinted Lenses said...

I don't know any one year olds that are even interested in barbie, that cray!!!!!!
Great post, I love random :) xxx

Mia Maree said...

I just finished that book too! Good read! Have you read Slammed or Point of Retreat? I really loved those and I just finished Sea of Tranquility. That was another goodie! I would consider all of those pretty similar.

-Mia
www.msmiamaree.com

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

hmmm sounds like an interesting read...and 200,000?!?! That's just insane and a lil disgusting and wish I could have 10% just to buy a house or something

MorgHarpNich.com said...

sounds like an interesting read!
i'm new to your blog and am following along now. can't wait to read more. also, would love for you to come link up at the i ♥ my readers social media linky party! hope to see you :)

Arielle said...

That is insane for a bday party!! New follower:) Hope ya have time to come by mine too!
http://arielle-ellesentries.blogspot.com/