Image Map

Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekend Recap!

Welcome back, Monday.  Only good to see you again because I’m a lucky duck and have the day off.  Man oh man, why are weekends that much better when you have Monday off?  Believe me, I’m livin it up today because my next holiday will be Memorial Day!!!!  Don’t want to think about that too long or else I’ll start to get depressed.

Anyway, we had a great weekend.  Friday, Derek and I grilled out some delicious steaks.  AND watched Pitch Perfect.  Oh my ladies, aca-fantastic!  Haha, I may have watched it twice in two days.  I couldn’t help it!

Saturday we went to a birthday party for my friend Emily.  Our friends Kristin traveled down from Columbus, and Sarah & her husband came over.  Us girls did the girly-stuff and got ready together.  As soon as we were all doll’d up, we were off to partay!  Not to mention Kristin had her little cockapoo, Nala…Brutus’ girlfran, and Sarah had Floyd.  So the dogs had their own little party going on!  Fun stuff.  I was amazed on how calm and quiet our house was even though we had 3 dogs running around!

DSC_1330e
Quick pic before we left.  Sarah, me, and Kristin! 
 
Yup, I rocked the “leather” leggings for the first time.  I came out of the bedroom and Derek literally said
“you’re not really wearing that, are you?” 
 
And I’m like
hell yeah of course I’m wearing this, why?” 
 
And Derek responds with,
“because you look like you are on the track team and about to run a race.” 
 
Seriously?  Derek, I love you but Fashion Police called and they want their job back!
 
 
DSC_1331e
A quick thanks to Faith for helping me pull together this look with the suggestion of these shoes!
 
 
IMG_0349e
Me and the birthday girl!!
 
 
And no post is ever complete without a picture of Brutus, right?

DSC_1325e


Hope you had a great weekend!

Linking up with Sami and Leeann
 


post signature

19 comments:

Lindsey said...

Don't you listen to him! The first thing I thought when I saw that first picture was "I love her leather leggings!" Good choice! I totally wish I could rock me some leather leggings.

Allison said...

You rocked the leather leggings! So cute! Glad you had a good weekend. Enjoy your day off! I plan on staying in my pjs all day. Haha.

Chelsee W said...

Cute outfit! I am stopping by from the blog hop and I am your newest follower. If you get a chance stop by and check out my blog. Btw your "pup" is adorable:) Have a great day!

Southern Beauty Guide
http://southernbeautyguide.blogspot.com

Courtney said...

You make leather leggings look good! Seriously, my first thought when I saw that picture was I wish I looked so cute in mine. Husbands, never take fashion advice from them.

Lauren said...

Those are so cute on you!! :-)

Allison said...

Sounds like a great weekend & love those leggings!!

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

Stopping by from the link-up. You totally rocked those leggings! And I loved the shoes.

Kristen said...

You totally rocked the leggings. I couldn't do it personally, but they look great on you!!

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

Your outfit is just absolutely amazing!! Love the booties!! Pitch Perfect really is a great movie and I love it!! Have a fabulous day off!!

Jessica Nicole said...

I love pitch perfect! And I love your leggings! Boys have no idea :)

Faith said...

Katie!!! I'm soooo obsessed with your outfit!! You look amazing!!! The shoes are perfect! I'm going to copy!!!

And aww thanks for thanking me. You are so freaking sweet!

I tried to rent Pitch Perfect on Redbox and it was sold out. I was so disappointed. Hopefully next weekend I'll be able to watch it!

Enjoy your day off! :)

Laura Darling said...

I love the outfit!! Haha it always cracks me up when my boyfriend tries to be the fashion police too!

Angela - RoseTinted Lenses said...

You rock those leggings girl
Gorgeous outfit xxx

love jenny xoxo said...

gorgeous photos, love your outfit!

And i'm happy to hear that Pitch Perfect is good, i've been dying to see it.

{love jenny xoxo}

Letters from a Mermaid said...

I am so excited to follow your lovely site!

I am follower number 300 :) I hope you follow back so we can stay in touch xoxo

Angie said...

Fire Derek!!! Those leggings look amazing on you :)

dave and jenn said...

You totally pulled off the leggings!

Katrin said...

I love the outfit! You look fantastic!

Mrs. Monica said...

Love the leggings!