Image Map

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Weekend Recap!

I swear one of these times I’ll get to recapping on Monday!  So, how was the weekend?  We had a seriously great one.

Friday night, Derek and I celebrated Valentine’s Day/Dating Anniversary.  We went to Eddie Merlot’s, which is one of our favorites.  We try not to go on the weekends because the service is not that great when they are really busy.  And this Friday did not veer from this.  It took them 35 minutes to even put bread on our table let alone for us to order our bottle of wine!  Seriously, after working all week, all I want is some wine and bread.  If our food then takes a while after that, no problem-o!

It took us THREE hours to have dinner!  We had plans to go see Safe Haven afterwards, but could not because of this horrible service.  Derek was secretly thanking Eddie Merlot’s.  The good thing is, we did get free dessert out of it.  Crème brulee french toast.  Honestly, I did not have any of it because I was stuffed…but, Derek enjoyed it!


Saturday, a HUGE bunch of us went to Cincinnati’s beerfest, including Sarah and her birthday-husband!  There were over 350 beers to try!  Definitely a superrrrr fun night.

IMG_0404e
Kristin made it down from Columbus!
 
 
IMG_0406e
See those little beer steins they gave us….Well, Derek lost his wallet this night.  BUT, don’t you worry because he managed to bring home that little stein lol.  How do you keep track of that but not your wallet, my dear :)
 
 
As I mentioned, it was Mr. Basset Case’s birthday, so we all went to the piano bar afterwards.  And of course we had to get him on stage
 
IMG_0410e
We were a little surprised they wanted him up on the actual piano!  Such a fun time!



Sunday, I started watching Revenge.  And now I’m pretty much obsessed!  So good!


And lastly, I leave you with an app youmustdownload!!!  Sarah’s friends that were visiting Cincinnati this weekend told us about the app and now I’m laughing hysterically.  Case in point:

photo2e

Seriously, I die laughing everytime I look at one of these face swap photos.  I’m only sharing this awful photo because I love you guys and nobody has a good picture (besides Derek kinda looks a little pretty) so go download it right now (Face Swap) and try it out!

Hope you had a great weekend!

post signature

18 comments:

Becky said...

The beer fest sounded really fun!! And oh my gosh, that face swap!!!! Hilarious!!!!!! :)

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

beer fest?!? how do i not know about this? that sounds right up our alley. i am gonna need you to do a curling wand how-to post stat....because your hair looks amazing!! which one do you use?

Unknown said...

That is WAY too long! It's so disappointing when something like that happens but you seem to have a really great attitude :)

Sarah said...

Hahhahah that app. Hours of entertainment!!

Courtney said...

That last picture is creeeeepy!!! I don't even think I would want to see that on me and Jeremy!

Faith said...

oh gosh that picture is freaky! haha, but Derek does look pretty!

i hate horrible service but yay for complimentary dessert :)

i love the top you're wearing, so cute. too funny that he would lose his wallet but not his glass ... something Sean would do :)

Kristen said...

In sorry you had such horrible service. I'm glad you got something out of it though!

And that pic is too funny! Haha

Staci said...

Hahahha that face swap is hilarious! And creme brulee french toast?! How can you NOT make room for that!

dave and jenn said...

Sounds like a seriously fun weekend! And that app... Oh my!

Erin said...

Oh my god take me to this beerbest! That has my name written all over it. And Revenge, holy heck it is the best show on television. I watched the first season in about three days flat.

Heather said...

Super cute blog - and OMG that face swap app freaks me out!

XO
Pearls & Paws

Angela - RoseTinted Lenses said...

Hahahaha love the Face Swap, how cool!!
What a fun weekend, well apart from the bad service, and lost wallet but hey you gained a glass :)

Xxx

Katrin said...

Love your face swap! I'll definitely download the app!
And the beerfest sounds like so much fun! I would love to go there!
Glad you had a fun weekend!

Allison said...

That last picture...ah! Creepy yet hilarious. Haha. Glad you all had fun at beerfest!

Lauren said...

The beer fest sounds like a blast and that face swap picture wow I was so confused at first lol :-)

Jen said...

Sounds like a fun weekend, but too bad about Eddie Merlot’s. I have only been there once, but it was for a group dinner, so you kind of expect the service to take a long time. But 3 hours is crazy for two people, and I do agree about getting the wine and bread early to hold you over. Oh and I love that app. Kinda creepy, but I think it would be fun, especially after a few glasses of wine...ha!

Helene said...

ahahahaha that last pic. that is amazing.
a 3 hour dinner?! that is plain crazy. but a beer fest sounds like an absolute blast!

Kait said...

Oh my gosh this is so hysterical and I'll be in Cincy this weekend! YAY!