Image Map

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Spring Wreath Tutorial

DSC_1759e
You know those projects that you are so excited to go get the supplies and do it and then you bring it home and it sits forever because you can’t motivate yourself to actually do the project?!  Well, yeah, me neither.  Except this is exactly what happened to me!
This project has been sitting and waiting to be assembled for over a month (our kitchen table is thanking me right now!).  I finally got to it this weekend.  And so happy that our door has a spring wreath on it.  This is a super easy project and took me probably only 30 minutes.

DSC_1743e
Step One:  Gather your supplies
-Wreath
-5 fake flowers
-Floral wire
-Wired ribbon
-Letter or Numbers (if you want to do your house number)
-Paint & Paintbrush

DSC_1745e
Step Two: Paint your letter.  I chose red to match the burlap ribbon I purchased

DSC_1750e
Step Three: Trim flowers

DSC_1754e
Step Four: Attach flowers to wreath.  I used the floral wire and wrapped it around the base of the flower.  Then twisted the wire around the wreath to make sure the flowers don’t move (See below)

DSC_1756e


DSC_1762e
Step Five: Adhere letter and make bow.  I didn’t know how to adhere the letter without showing the wire….So, right now the wire is visible.  I put some red paint over it to make it less noticeable.  I really don’t mind it because it is not that noticeable.
Now, on to the bow.  Seriously, I think this is why I put off this project because I knew the bow would be a pain.  I used this video and finally figured out the bow.  Truthfully (after almost having a breakdown) the bow is too big, the loops are too large, there are too many loops, etc. etc.  Can you tell I’m not 100% happy with this stupid bow?  But hey, it will work for now.

DSC_1764e
Step Six: Hang your wreath!


post signature

22 comments:

Katrin said...

It looks fabulous! Great job! And thanks for sharing, Katie! There are so many projects waiting for me too!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Thank you for sharing this.

Kristen said...

Super cute Katie! :)

Helene said...

I love this!! it is so pretty! what a perfect idea for a wreath!

Courtney said...

That turned out great! I saw a similar one on Pinterest and now I really want to try if after seeing yours.

Ericka said...

Love the wreath, it turned out super cute! I've been wanted to make one like this for a while. Glad to know it was pretty easy to do.

Allison said...

This turned out so great Katie. I love it!! I have been wanting to make a spring wreath and have like 10 pinned!

Jordon said...

Adorable!!!

Natalie and Lee said...

PERFECT!:)

the girl in the red shoes said...

It turned out SO cute! Love it!

Becky said...

Oh my gosh this is so cute!!! Good job!! :)

Megan O. said...

Very cute! I need a good spring/summer wreath too. Might just need to make one of these myself :)

Anonymous said...

Your wreath turned out SO cute!!

Faith said...

i completely wished you lived right down the street that way i can do these crafty things with someone & maybe just maybe, your crafty gene would rub off on me.

but this looks so good!

Fash Boulevard said...

OMG. this is amazing. I have to attempt this. Thanks for sharing.

I would love for you to stop by my blog and check out my latest outfit post.
www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

It came out so beautiful! Great job!

Jamie Hart said...

It looks great! I'm guilty of doing the same thing.. starting a project and then letting it sit. I look forward to doing stuff like this when we move out of our apartment/condo. Your bow looks great-- I've been known to have breakdowns over bows due to my perfectionism. The end result was worth the wait though!

ugottahavehart.blogspot.com

Sara McCarty said...

Super cute! Love the big red M. I might need to make one of those myself!

brittany @ g squared said...

I love this! I will add it to my list of "to crafts" :)

Caitlin C. said...

Awesome job!! I am bookmarking this page because I NEED to make this.

Sarah said...

Super cute!! I was just thinking I need a Spring wreath on my door!

Jenna said...

I'm doing this! Like now... I'm going to Michaels lol! I've been telling Adam we need something for the front door now that it's Spring and pretty out.

xo