Image Map

Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekend Recap!

This weekend was filled with being productive and doing some relaxin’….The perfect combo in my opinion!  Friday started off with dinner at the Moerlein Lager House.  I had the meatloaf and Derek had the pork shank.  Derek knows the executive chef at this restaurant through work; so, he was under strict orders to order the pork shank this time.  It did not disappoint!

photoedit

Brutus was able to make out from this meal as well.  The pork shank had two large bones that we brought home for him.  He was in heaven!!!

DSC_1775e

Saturday was filled with errands at the grocery store and home depot.  To make the trip a little more fun, I picked up some flowers…for some reason, every flower that was purple caught my eye.

DSC_1780e

Saturday night, Derek and I planned around the UFC fight.  We grilled out some wings and corn on the cob.  Sarah and her husband came over to watch the fight.  You HAVE to go over to her blog today and see where she just got back from!

photo2edit

Sunday, Derek and I did some things around the house (yes for being productive!).  Also, we have this crazy male cardinal that continues to come up to our patio doors and peck at it.  We believe it is mating season and the cardinal sees its reflection and thinks it needs to fend off it’s competition.  Anyway, it annoys us and Brutus!!  So, I thought I would go outside for a while and see if I could capture this cardinal doing this…no luck!  But, it was still fun to see the other birds hanging around.

DSC_1784e


DSC_1800e

DSC_1825e
Hope you had a great weekend!!

Linking up with Sami today!


post signature

18 comments:

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend. Love the bird pictures, makes me miss my nice camera! Hope you have a good week!

Courtney said...

That first picture looks so delicious! I bet you were in heaven. We try to take bones home for Willow and she ends up burying them in our backyard so we had to stop. Looks like a fun weekend!

Kait said...

I bet Brutus loved that bone! So jealous of Sarah and Blake's trip! Looks like you had a fun weekend :)

Bad Luck Jenn said...

that bone was almost bigger than Brutus!! found you thru Sami's blog.

http://badluckjenn.blogspot.com

Katrin said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I love cardinals! There are no cardinals in Germany so I am always very happy to see them here!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend to me!
Stop by some time
http://styledlikearockstar.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

That mac and cheese looks amazing!! Why have I never had that there?!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! A cardinal was doing something similar at my parents' house one year; pecking on their bedroom window.

Jenna said...

Haha, that is too funny about the Cardinal! I love hearing them in the morning... hubby on the other hand... not as much lol. Glad you had a fun weekend!

Kay @ Slightly 0bsessed said...

The food looks AMAZING! Glad to see Brutus got to reap the benefits of that amazing dinner. I always think fresh flowers are such a nice treat for yourself :)

Allison said...

That's awesome your husband knows the chef...we love the Moerlein Lager house so I will have to remember his recommendation! Looks like a great weekend!!

Lauren said...

That mac n cheese looks soooo good.

Life by Liz said...

Love those purple flowers!! It's crazy how one little vase of flowers can make the entire house seem so much happier!

Unknown said...

wow the food looks so good! and those purple flowers look so pretty!

Anne said...

I had a bird doing that to my window for a while too! Finally went away after a few days, but it was driving me (and the dog) nuts. Love the great photos you got out of it though - and it reminds me that we need to get our bird feeders back out. Yay, spring!

Faith said...

The food looks so good! I want some now.

I love your flowers. So pretty. I'm excited to pick some up soon.

The bird pictures are gorgeous. Hope Brutus scares the cardinal ;)

Jamie Hart said...

Brutus made out like a Bandit! hehe
He's such a cutie! Now that I'm craving meatloaf, I may have to change my dinner plans from spaghetti to meatloaf but sadly, I already told my Mister about dinner plans and he may get sad if I change things up. Looks delish though. Sounds like you had a very productive weekend.. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the flowers!

ugottahavehart.blogspot.com

Natalie and Lee said...

AHHHH! So exciting!!!!! Happy for your growing family! :)