Image Map

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Girl in the Red Dress

DSC_1876e
I was contacted by eShakti to do a review on a piece of their clothing.  This was my first ever request, so of course I was like, absolutely!!!  eShakti is an online retailer that offers custom tailoring on their pieces.  This allows women to make preferences according to their fit/style, etc.  I honestly could not make a choice of which item I wanted to personalize.  I knew I wanted a dress, but there were so many adorable options, it took me a while to decide.  Go check out all their options!!  You can also see their items on FB & Pinterest.

Honestly, I try to stay away from strapless dresses.  I don’t know what it is, but they just do not look flattering on me.  However, I’m so naturally drawn to the strapless….I love all of them.  So, I thought I would take a chance on this little red dress.  First, I just love the polka-dots.  Second, I really don’t have much red in my closet.  Since the big chunky necklaces are so on-trend right now, I thought this may be a good addition to making the strapless look better on me.

DSC_1892e

The ordering process was super easy.  All you have to do is put in your standard size and height.  I chose to keep the neckline the same, but I changed the length to right above the knee.  I think this makes the dress a little more versatile, rather if it was super short.  I was super impressed by the boning and fabric that helped this dress stay in place.  No pulling this bad boy up all the time :)

DSC_1869e

Another thing I loved about the dress are the pockets.  How cute are these?!


DSC_1873e
And lastly, I love the detail in the back with the faux-buttons.  It adds so much instead of having just plain material in the back.  So cute!!


DSC_1894e
And because I feel ridiculous for having an entire post of pictures of me….I decided to add a couple of fun ones.  The picture above is me doing my “gone-with-the-wind-fabulous” twirl.  Gotta love you some crazy RHOA!



DSC_1898e
And lastly, this is my “I’m getting pretty hot and it is very sunny out / I don’t know what other faces to make any more besides smiling.”  Seriously, I have no idea how you fashion bloggers do it! 

So, thanks so much if you made it through this post.  I apologize all these pictures are of me…next time I’ll bring Brutus to the photo shoot for some variability! 


post signature

29 comments:

Margaret said...

Super cute dress! I really like the detail on the top- a nice change up for normal strapless dresses.

Anonymous said...

cute dress!

Katrin said...

You look so beautiful! The dress is adorable!!

Audra said...

Um, you are gorgeous!! You should always wear strapless, your arms are fab! Love the dress.

Kait said...

Look how freaking gorgeous you are!

Becky said...

That dress looks great on you!!!

Courtney said...

Hello gorgeous! You look great in a strapless! I feel the same way about fashion bloggers, how do they not feel completely awkward taking so many pictures of just themselves?

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

Oh My GOSH!!! I LOVE that dress!! you look fabulous in it =)

Jordon said...

OMG I love it! you look adorable!

Lauren said...

That dress is beautiful on you!!!

Faith said...

that dress is perfection on you! you are gorgeous. you could so be a fashion blogger! ;)

Jill J. said...

I adore that dress. When I chose mine, I didn't even see that one. I love it! Look great on you...and you gotta love the pockets!


Jill
Classy with a Kick

Kay @ Slightly 0bsessed said...

I love love LOVE your dress! It's so retro chic - yet timeless too. The combination of red, white and polka dots is GORGEOUS!

Jamie Hart said...

I'm not one for dresses (on me-- mainly because I'm 6'1" and they all just fit me funny) but this looks great on you. I laughed out loud when you did your Gone with the Wind twirl.. too cute! Red looks good on you and the necklace rocks! It almost looks like it is attached to the dress!

ugottahavehart.blogspot.com

Anne said...

So flattering on you! Love it with the necklace, and you can't beat a dress with pockets...

dave and jenn said...

That dress is adorable! I've heard of that site before, but I've never ordered from it. Thanks for sharing and modeling! :)

dave and jenn said...

That dress is adorable! I've heard of that site before, but I've never ordered from it. Thanks for sharing and modeling! :)

According to Jax said...

This dress is amazing!!! good pick!! :)

Kristen said...

Gorgeous! Especially the Scarlett pic. ;)

Sarah said...

This is the cutest dress and you look gorgeous! Love it!

Jen said...

Oh I love this dress and you look super cute! I stay away from strapless dresses also because I don't have much to hold them up. Ha!

Caitlin C. said...

This dress looks BEAUTIFUL on you, darling!! Love, love, love it.

brittany @ g squared said...

This dress is gorge! I want one! Great choice.

Pegster said...

Hmmm yeah, strapless looks awesome on you and red is a keeper.

Unknown said...

You are so gorgeous! This dress is perfection on you. I love that last shot!

Bosch Family said...

Oh I love this dress and it looks gorgeous on you!!

jamiedawn said...

how am i the first person to write "oh my god, GONE WITH THE WIND FABULOUS" i'm dying!! hahahah

Unknown said...

Beautiful as well as the dress!