Image Map

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Gender Reveal…

…Party!  Did I get you excited yet?  Our party is just a couple days away and we are in busy planning mode.  Derek and I already know and are about bursting at the seams to tell everybody!

When picking a theme, I really loved all the “cute as a button” things I was seeing on blogs and Pinterest.  However, I only saw ideas for birthday parties and gender neutral baby showers.  I knew I wanted to make this theme my own and incorporate those ideas for the party.

I had something in mind for the invites and had Daphne put together my ideas.  Here is what we came up with:
Inviteedit
As pictured, the invite is in a frame for the décor.  I just love the cute laying saying we came up with.  I added the bakers twine and button after the invites were printed.  You can bet buttons will be everywhere!

I created a little Old Wives’ Tales Prediction board for the party (details on all the décor will come next week along with our reveal!).  This is what came out of those…

1) Morning Sickness: Boy I’ve been very lucky and have had none!
2) Fetal Heart Rate: Girl The heart rate has been above 150 every time
3) Key Test: Boy
4) Mayan Even/Odd Test: Girl Both my age and the year are odd
5) Craving Sweet or Sour: Boy I haven’t really been “Craving” anything, but generally I’ve been going more for salty rather than sweet
6) Chinese Gender Chart: Girl
7) Carrying High or Low: Boy I guess I would consider myself carrying low
8) String test: Girl

As you can see, we are 4 and 4!!

SO!  Now comes the real question….what do you think our little Baby is?  Team blue?  Team Pink?  Let me know your guess!



post signature

36 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm so excited to find out! I think it's a boy :)

agalandherdog said...

So exciting! I guess boy!

Katrin said...

Love your invitations!
I think it is a girl!

Jamie Hart said...

I can never guess unless I can SEE YOU! If I was able to spend some time around you while you're pregnant-- I betcha I could guess. No matter what the sex is, as long as the baby is healthy.. I'm stoked! I cannot wait for the gender reveal and all of the pictures!! YAY!

Kate said...

So many of the things that pointed to girl for me pointed to girl for you, so I'm going with BOY!

Lauren said...

SUCH cute invites!! I'm guessing girl! :) Can't wait to hear!

Katie said...

oh my goodness! love all of this sooo much:) I'm guessing girl!

Sarah said...

Team Pink all the way!!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

AHHHHH I can't wait to find out!

Ericka said...

My guess is Boy...can't wait to find out :)

Natalie and Lee said...

HMMM... I'm guessing a baby girl;)

According to Jax said...

I'm on TEAM PINK! :)

Jordon said...

I don't know why, but I am thinking blue! I can't wait to see the party!

Becky said...

Ahhh I did get excited! Love that invitation!! I'm going to guess blue!!!

Unknown said...

put me on team pink!! i can't wait to find out!

Jane {In The Pink & Green} said...

Ahhh I love this idea for the a gender reveal, so cute! I can't wait to find out what you're having--if I had to guess, I'd say girl! :)

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

How exciting!! I have no clue what to guess.. i'm gonna say boy just because i feel like it's a year of (mostly) boys!!

Erin said...

I'm thinking boy!! :) So excited to hear the news and see your party which is looking adorable already!!!

Jill J. said...

This is the best part!! I am feeling boy but for no real reason. I am excited to find out. Will you guys find out before the party or during? I am not sure I could wait a minute longer but it would be fun to find out with everything! So exciting!!

Jill
Classy with a Kick

Kait said...

I'm guessing a girl! Can't wait to see all the party photos and find out what you're having, of course :)

Jenna said...

I'm going to say a boy! Love the invites and can't wait to see how it comes together. Yay! You must be so excited!

brittany @ g squared said...

Love it! I will be trying to drag this out of you tomorrow on our walk ;)

Shelley said...

those invitations are soo cute and i love the button theme! can't wait to see what else you've done for the party! congrats again too :)

Unknown said...

I love this sooo much. Hmmm... I say girl. Can't wait!

Lauren said...

Team Pink and love the invites!!! :-)

Mrs. Monica said...

I am Team Blue!!

Kari said...

Team Blue!! You are identical to me on your wives tales..except the morning sickness. I ended up being team blue :)

Kristen said...

Love the invite! :)

I'm going to guess boy. Can't wait to find out!!

Pegster said...

I am so excited for you guys. Finding out the gender is an amazing milestone in pregnancy.

I am voting boy because they are so much fun and you seem like you are lots of fun and would have fun with your boy :). (I am sure you will have fun with your girl too but I am voting boy)

Allison said...

That invitation is perfect!!! I can't wait to see the whole party! :) I'm going to go with Team Girl!!

Anne said...

You tricky girl. I admit, the post title got me excited. Such a cute theme, and though I would usually vote team girl, I'm going boy because I have a little friend for you :)

Mrs. Pancakes said...

im going to go with team blue just because i think Brutus would like a brother and i have a boy and boys are awesome!! good luck with the gender reveal!!

Megan O. said...

Omg I was so thrown by your title! lol. Trickster. I think you are going to have a boy. Crazy all your old wives tale stuff is 50/50 though!

Jen said...

I am for Team Pink! I can't wait to find out and for the party recap! Sounds like it is going to be so much fun!!

Kristin said...

Girl! :)

dave and jenn said...

I'm guessing boy, but I really have no clue! So excited to hear!