Image Map

Monday, June 10, 2013

Our Big Reveal!

Well Hello there Monday.  Are you as excited for this Monday as I am?!  I got very excited last night to be able to share our news with you today.  The party was a big success.  We could feel the excitement from our friends and family.  We felt so lucky to have so many people there for us and this little baby!

The amazing Jax came over for the afternoon to snap a few photos.  We cannot wait to see how they turned out!!  In the meantime, here are a couple I managed to take before everybody came over.

DSC_2028e
 You see that “cute as a button” burlap banner?  Well, run over to Allison's etsy shop, Simply Burlap!  I received so many compliments on this adorable little banner.  When I was ordering, I knew I wanted to keep it pretty gender neutral so that way I could use it in the nursery no matter if we were having a boy or girl.  I love it!  Thank you Allison!



DSC_2031e
 As you can see, burlap, gold accents, and buttons were the theme!

 

DSC_2036e

I hung some of our sonogram pictures above the fireplace.  Below the mantle is a little Old Wives’ Predictions sign I made out of an old frame, clothes pins, and jute.  I love how this turned out!  I cannot wait to use it in the nursery and add pictures or something to it!


Ok, ok.  I know you are all waiting very patiently.  So, let’s get to it!  It was pretty 50/50 on your guesses, but the boy guesses were a little more….BUT, we are having…


photoedit
A little baby girl :)


PS--Linking up with Sami today!

post signature

36 comments:

Courtney said...

Congratulations!!! You are going to be an awesome girl-mommy!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Katie!

Anne said...

Could not be cuter (you or the party!) - especially love the gold accents and the dotted table cloth. Excited to see Jax's photos too - and since we saw her Sunday morning for ours, I might have gotten the early scoop on your reveal :) So excited for your baby girl!

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

ahhhhh!!!! yay :-) So excited for you sweetie. she will be so beautiful. the party looks so great. i am totally pinning your decorations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting!!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

YAY!!!! So so happy for you and Derek. I can't wait to be able to make some cute things for your little miss! Do you have a name yet?

Kate said...

Yay!!!!!!!!! Now I say we arrange a marriage for our 2, mkay?! CONGRATS sweet friend! I'm elated for you!!

JJ said...

Congrats to you both!

I love the gold and burlap accents. Very nice.

Jamie Hart said...

Yay! So completely stoked for you! Congrats! Love Love Love the decor and you and the Daddy to be are just glowing! XOXO

Mrs. Monica said...

Thanks for the text! I know I texted you as soon as I got up so you wouldn't forget to tell me. lol.

agalandherdog said...

How cute!!! I was wrong, as usual. Little girls are sooo much fun!

Allison said...

Congratulations!!! So excited for you two and your baby girl! Can't wait to hear the name!

Erin said...

Eeeek!! So SO excited for you two!!! :) The party looks adorable and I can't wait to see the other pics too! I love that you rounded up the Cincy bloggers to help out!! YAYYY!!!

Lauren said...

Yay so excited for you! The party looks fabulous as well, congrats girl!!!!! :-)

Megan said...

So cute! Enjoy your little pink foot!

Sami said...

So many baby girls coming all over blog land! Congratulations lady! What an adorable party y'all planned too :)

ajs {of MN} said...

Congrats!! Being a girl momma myself, I know how much fun girls can be!! Exciting! :)

Unknown said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

Helene said...

Yay!!! This is so exciting and what a beautiful party!!

Jordon said...

You did a fabulous job!!! Too cute & congrats!

Kait said...

Your party looks absolutely amazing and I'm so happy for you two! A beautiful baby girl :)

Katrin said...

YAY! Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys (and I guessed right!)! You guys will be wonderful parents!
Love your decorations by the way, everything looks fabulous!

Megan O. said...

Aw YAY!!!!!!! Buckeye is one of us :) Lol. Congrats, I am so excited for you both!

julia rose. said...

Eeek little girls are so exciting!! And your princess is going to be one gorgeous doll baby! Congratulations!!!

Jena Roach said...

Aw yay!! This is so exciting :)

Faith said...

ahhh, Katie! i'm so excited for you! the details and decor are pure perfection!

let the shopping begin! ;) if it hasn't already.

Becky said...

Congrats!!!! What a great party - love the decorations and how you can use them in her nursery too :)

Jenna said...

These pictures are great! The cute as a button idea is so cute and all the decorations turned out perfect! So happy for you and how exciting you're having a girl!!!

dave and jenn said...

Congratulations!! You are going to have so much fun buying girl clothes and accessories - they're the best! Your party decorations look awesome - birthday parties are going to be a blast for you. :)

Ahhh, so excited for you!!

Ericka said...

Congrats on the baby girl!! I imagine you're going to have so much fun shopping for all of the cute little girl stuff :) Congrats again! And you look amazing!

Allison said...

Yay for baby GIRL! Your party looked like a huge success!! Thanks for the shoutout. I am SO glad you loved your banner!!!

C Mae said...

Congrats Katie!!! :) Pretty in pink! Will you be sharing some of your name choices!?!

Anonymous said...

Here's a Song Wives Everywhere Can Appreciate -- About how I embarrass my wife in public: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRXfzVC0mRk

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

Aw!! Congrats!! how sweet!! All your decor is absolutely gorgeous!!

Pegster said...

Ahhhhhhhh, so exciting. Congrats you guys. The details of your party are on point. You did an awesome job.

YAY for a little girl

Julia {daysfullofglitter} said...

I absolutely love the golden mason jars!! Can you explain me how you've painted them? That would be awesome :)
xo, Julia