Image Map

Monday, June 17, 2013

Party Details!

Hope everybody had a great weekend.  I received our gender reveal pictures in the mail on Saturday from Jax, and I could not wait to share the details with you.  Get ready for “Cute as a Button” picture overload!  If you missed the big reveal, you read more about it here.

Katie-3eI ordered the mason jars from Amazon. All bakers twine, buttons, and paper straws are from Etsy.


Katie-9eWater bottle labels from Daphne, who also helped with the invitations
 

Katie-11eThis is the Old Wives’ Tales Predictions I was telling you about.  As you can see, any of the predictions that guessed girl, was backed by pink paper and accessorized with pink buttons.  The same went for the boy guesses.  I got the frame, jute, and mini clothes pins from Hobby Lobby!


Katie-55eI made an ultrasound button garland to go on our mantle.


Katie-29eI included some pregnancy pictures on my Burlap and Barnyard Trio picture frames.  I love how easy it is to change pictures!!


Katie-30eDerek spray painted all the mason jars, which we obviously used for flower vases, with metallic gold spray paint.  He did such a great job if I must say so!


Katie-31eFront door sign


Ribbet collageeWe had buttons (ordered from Etsy) to indicate everybody’s guesses.
 

Katie-104eHere is Brittany marking her guess as a girl…she was correct :)


Katie-41eOur food spread…pulled pork, chicken salad, broccoli and cauliflower salad, macaroni salad, and fruit.  Have to mention Allison again for that adorable burlap banner! 


Katie-59eWe tried out the Pinterest idea of tying balloons to golf tees and then sticking them in the grass.  Success! 


Katie-106eAll the people who thought it was a boy!


Katie-107eAnd all the people who thought it was a girl….Derek and I managed to sneak in this photo


cupcakeseditThe delicious cupcakes from Sweetly Wild!  We had cookies & cream icing and cream cheese icing with a traditional vanilla cupcake.  If it was a girl, the middle was filled with a strawberry puree/cool whip combination and if it was a boy, the middle was a blueberry puree/cool whip combo.


Katie-127eIt’s a girl!!


A big thank you to everybody who came.  It was such an exciting day!! Thanks again Jax for the wonderful pictures!!



post signature

30 comments:

julia rose. said...

These are absolutely incredible!! All of your DIY ideas are making me swoon over here- especially the gold mason jars with flowers! I've wanted to do those for a while now and yours turned out great :)
Congrats again, sweet girl! Such exciting news!
xo

brittany @ g squared said...

It was adorable! I know who I will be calling to help when we throw our first party haha. Congrats again :)

Jamie Hart said...

You did such a great job! Again-- so incredibly happy for you both. And now I know who my go-to party planner is! XOXO

Pamela said...

Love your theme!! Everything was SO cute!! congratulations!

According to Jax said...

YAY! I loooove this recap too! What a great party, you definitely should be in the party planning business...all the details were perfect!

the girl in the red shoes said...

Such a cute party!!!! I love all of the little details! And I'm thrilled you are having a little girl...so exciting!

Sarah said...

Yayyay!! The photos turned out so good!!

Alexa said...

So, how much would you charge to come plan every party I ever throw for the rest of my life?! :) All of your projects were so amazing and the party was adorable!
And congratulations again on your little lady!

Allison said...

Everything looks perfect! Can't wait to hear what her name is!

Courtney said...

All of your details were so cute! I loved the theme for the party, not your typical gender-reveal

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

This party is absolutely adorable! I am totally jealous of your creativity!

Allison said...

I love all your little touches. You did a fantastic job Katie!!! I love it all so much. Congrats again!

Sami said...

Everything you did was so cute! I love all of the small touches with the buttons, it was seriously a cute theme! :)

Katrin said...

Wow, everything looks so fabulous! What a wonderful party! And again: congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Erin LFF said...

Seriously SUCH a cute party!! Congrats again! You're gonna be one awesome momma!!

And on a random note- do you have a fave chicken salad recipe? I'm always on the hunt for that 'go-to' recipe!

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

Everything looks AMAZING!!! just beautiful and I love all the little details!! congrats again!!

Mrs. Monica said...

Loved all the picture. Such a cute idea!!!

Kait said...

This is so awesome! I love that you managed to keep everything a secret and have such a cute themed party! LOVE IT!

Faith said...

Loving all the details! You put so much thought into this. You're going to help me in the future ;)

You look so amazing! Love all the pictures!

Eeek ... GIRL!!! SO exciting!

Caitlin C. said...

First off, CONGRATULATIONS!! So so happy for you. Secondly, this is the most amazing party I've ever seen! Everything was so so cute!

Kristen said...

Love all the details! :) Looked like a fun party! So excited for you!

Lauren said...

Your party details were perfection! Love the chalkboard idea and cupcake looks delish, great job mama to be! :-)

Anne said...

Cannot wait to hear more about this! The photos turned out so great - love the ones of you two holding the banner with ultrasound pics. They'll be so sweet to include in the baby's photo album. And the theme/decorations are so fun. I love that everything looks so cute but still pretty low key and fun - what a great time to spend with family & friends. Delicious looking cupcakes are always a major plus :)

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

This is so SO adorable!! Love all the details!!

ajs {of MN} said...

what a cute party and great photos to have for all time! i love your burlap frames with the clip?? this give me a good idea to make for easy instagram photo change outs ;)

Kristin said...

Love all the details! So neat!! Congrats girl

Mrs. Pancakes said...

So very cute...congrats lady!!

Pegster said...

Wow, the details, OMG, you went all out and it was beautiful. Go pinterest, I need to get on board with that :)

J and A said...

This is so cute!!! YAY for little girls! :)

Unknown said...


Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I'm impressed! Extremely useful info particularly the last part :) I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this certain info for a very long time. Thank you and good luck. gmail login email