Image Map

Thursday, October 24, 2013

37 Week Update!

37 Weeks Blog Bump
Due Date: November 8, 2013

Gender: Baby Girl!

Movement: As of last week, she has definitely dropped.  She is so much lower now which has lead to me feeling so much more comfortable in regards to my rib pain and heartburn.  Wahooo!

Feeling: Overall, I feel really good.  Like I said, my heartburn is a world of difference now.  For the past 4 nights, I’ve gone to bed without the feeling of acid creeping up my throat.  It is seriously the most glorious thing ever!  Doing things have gotten a bit more tricky because I have to think about the movement of my body before I do it.  Example- bending down…do you realize how many times you bend over a day?  Seriously, just try counting for one day.  It blows my mind!!  I think twice before doing it….is it really worth picking up that q-tip that didn’t quite make the trash can?!

Food Cravings: Nothing new here….
Food Aversions: None

Clothes: Honestly, this is probably the most fun stage to dress the bump.  People clearly know I’m pregnant and it is a mixture between stares and strangers going out of their way for me (opening up doors, etc.). 

Stretch Marks: Fingers crossed…none!  Although, I have been putting more cream/oil on during the day.  I’ve noticed my skin gets a little itchy after a while, so I then reapply.  Hopefully this keeps those bad boys away!

Sleep: Sleep is just ok…I wake up every time I need to change position.  However, now that I don’t have the rib pain, I’m able to sleep on my left side again, yay!!  I’m still waking up in the middle of the night for periods of time.  Getting me ready for this little girl!

Symptoms: Tired, heartburn, and some swelling in my feet at night if I’ve been on my feet for too long.  I’ve had some feeling of nausea this week too…not sure if that is normal.
What I Miss: Bending over without expending so much energy and walking up flights of stairs without major breathing

Best Moment: Probably getting so many things done and crossed off our to-do list!  Not much more to do! 

Memorable Moments:
  • Blogger meet-up
  • Having the energy to take a few (slow!) walks with Brutus

What I’m Looking Forward To:
  • Interviewing with our #1 nanny candidate
  • Another check to see if anything has progressed
  • Making some final updates to the nursery
  • Derek has this weekend off!  Looking forward to what we have planned!


17 comments:

Audra said...

37 weeks! That's full-term - congrats! You'll be meeting her so soon! :) And also huge congrats on the no acid reflux. I thought mine would never ever go away and literally that first night in the hospital after having Emerson it vanished. It was incredible.

Katrin said...

I am so glad to hear that everything is going fine except of the stupid heartburn! You look gorgeous!

Allison said...

Still looking beautiful friend. I can't believe you have a full term baby!!! So exciting. :)

brittany @ g squared said...

Yay for feeling better. I cannot wait to meet her :)

According to Jax said...

Seriously???? Could you be more beautiful!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

Sarah said...

You look SO good and it's getting SO close!!!!

Courtney said...

I was just starting to wonder where you had disappeared to. Hard to believe you are already at 37 weeks! She'll be here soon!

Becky said...

Almost 2 weeks left eek! I'm glad you're doing well for the most part :) Enjoy your weekend with Derek!!!

Jordon said...

I am so stinkin excited for you. Can I also just comment on how freaking hot you look? I have no doubts that when I become pregnant I will look the complete opposite of this!

Jane {In The Pink & Green} said...

Ahh so exciting she is almost here! You look great! xoxo

Lauren said...

Can't believe she's going to be here so soon you look awesome!

Erin @ Happily Obsessed said...

Yay for a full term baby girl!!! You look fab!! Gah, I wake up to change positions too so annoying!

Kristen said...

Yay for full term!! And you look gorgeous!

Erin LFF said...

You are a SUPERMODEL lady!!! You look amazing and I cannot believe little girl will be here so soooooon, yay yay yay!!! :) Enjoy your weekend!

Anne said...

You look great! The vest is such a smart pregnancy layering style. And it's so great you're narrowing down the nanny options! That'll feel amazing to have done, I'm sure.

Enjoy that weekend together - you never know which date night will be your last pre-baby one :)

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Ooh I can't wait to meet your little one! Glad that everything is smooth sailing!

Pegster said...

YAY full term - you are looking so good. Baby girl will be here before we know it.