Friday, Derek and I went to Cincinnati’s Oktoberfest. If you remember, this is something we try and go to every year. Even though I could not participate in the bratwursts or beers, I was really looking forward to this! Derek and I always have such a good time. Well, this year Mother Nature decided to rain all night. And when I say rain, I mean POUR! We didn’t bring an umbrella and got completely soaked. COMPLETELY!
Because of the rain, I didn’t get many pictures. However, Derek managed to snag a photo of our dessert right before we left…funnel cake. I mean, who doesn’t love funnel cakes?!
Even though it rained, it will definitely be the most memorable Okotberfest for us. The streets were pretty much dead due to the rain so we had our pick of every food we could want, no lines, and ability to sit and listen to all the German music. We didn’t care that we were soaking wet :)
Saturday morning, I spent getting our house ready for fall. Honestly, I should have enlisted Derek in carrying everything up from the basement for me (he was working Saturday). I understand when they say “breathing for two” because man, those trips up and down the stairs got me good! Anyway, I was thinking the entire time that when I would be putting these things away, we would have a little girl at home!!! So exciting.
A new addition this year is the “thankful” burlap banner I ordered from the Etsy shop funkyshique. I just love the orange polka dots for Halloween and the glittered thankful for Thanksgiving. I can keep this bad boy up for a while!
Added my Holiday Apothecary Jars to the island.
And decorated our outside with the Ohio State pumpkin, polka dot pumpkin, and glittered Boo topiary.
Saturday evening, we had our first installment of dinner club! 2 other couples, including Sarah and her husband, and Derek & I have decided that once a month we would take turns hosting a dinner club. This month, the meal was at Emily’s house. We had a delicious Italian meal. Can’t wait to keep this going!
Now, I completely forgot to post this recipe last week, but I have a super fabulous and easy dessert for you!
No Bake Key Lime Cheesecakes (recipe adapted from Delish)
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons (unsalted) butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14-oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cups (bottled) key lime or regular lime juice
- 1 container (8-oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- lime slices and/or lime zest, for garnish, optional
- Line 12 cupcake cups with foil liners. Stir graham cracker crumbs (I would use food processor to get the crumbs very fine) and melted butter together in a bowl to combine. Spoon 1 Tbsp. of the mixture into each liner, pressing it down to make the crust.
- With an electric mixer on low speed, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until creamy, about 30 seconds. Add the condensed milk and lime juice, and blend on medium speed until just combined, 20 to 30 seconds. Add 1 cup of the whipped topping and lime zest and blend on low speed for 15 seconds longer.
- Spoon mixture evenly into liners. Cover pan with plastic and freeze until firm, at least 3 hours. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving; peel off liners and dollop 1 Tbsp. remaining whipped topping on each cake. Garnish with lime slices, if you like.
Hope you had a great weekend!