Image Map

Friday, December 7, 2012

Remember when I used to do themed posts….

…well, so do I.  Except, nowadays I’m so completely random with my thoughts and blog posts.  Maybe next week I’ll get back to my norm.  But in the meantime, I’ll continue with my all over thoughts:


Remember here when we sent our Christmas cards out soooo late in December?  Well, this year, I wasn’t having any of that last minute crap.  So, we have our Christmas cards/matching address labels/and Christmas stamps.  Now, the envelopes just need addressed and mailed.  What, you’re telling me they don’t do it themselves?  Crazy.  Anyway, we went with Tiny Prints again this year just because I was so impressed with the quality last year.  We went with non-traditional colors in order to fit with the colors from our Venice picture.  I love how they turned out!  If you haven’t ordered yours yet, you can click the link and get special offers.  Tiny Prints definitely did not pay me or ask me to do this blurb…I just thought I would share a special deal, because hey, I like special deals!


Remember here when I said that Derek hung our triptych too close together?  Well, he fixed it yesterday and it made the world of a difference.  Once we update a few other pieces in our family room, I’ll be sure to post pictures!



Size

Remember here when I told you I needed to liquor Derek up in order to go shopping?  Well, I received this email from Derek yesterday and it seriously CRACKED me up!  I just thought it was so adorable that he sent me this.  Unfortunately, I’m a woman (obviously), and had to answer with a lady-like comment; “Well, it really depends upon where it is from.  Oh, and it depends on if it is a top or a bottom.”  And I’m sure Derek read “blah, blah, blah, blah.”  But, seriously, it does.  Now, I’m very intrigued to what I’m getting for Christmas, because everything on my Christmas list (that was apparel) had the sizes referenced.



Remember here when I told you we needed to do a bird dance because we got a new bird feeder and we had no birds?  Well, that bird dance worked like no other because ever since then we can’t keep this sucker filled!  Seriously, Derek has to fill this bird feeder everyotherday!!!!  I recently spotted our binoculars on the kitchen table and proceeded to ask Derek why these are laying out.  And our convo went a little something like this:

Derek: Our new neighbors (that just moved in) have a bird feeder too
Me: So….
Derek: So, I am using the binoculars to scope out the type of birds their feeder attracts
Me: And…
Derek: We need to make sure our bird feeder is always full so our birds don’t go over to theirs

LOL, ok my dear.



Dear Check Engine Light,

Remember here when I told you my check engine light miraculously disappeared?  Well, guess what?  It’s back.  Listen, I’ll deal with whatever.  But this whole going away and getting me excited and then coming back crap is not fun! 

Just stay away….thank you.



Remember here when I told you that we are planning a progressive dinner with our neighbors this weekend?  We have the cocktail hour portion of the dinner (there are four houses involved), so we went shopping last night.  Along with the usual suspects (beer, wine, etc.), we are making an apple-spiced sangria and some gourmet (Yes! Gourmet!) jello shots.  Can't wait to tell you all about it!



Hope you have a great weekend!!



post signature

12 comments:

Angela - RoseTinted Lenses said...

I love random, fab post!!
My boyfriend sent me a text earlier asking what my shoe size is?!? No Christmas surprises for me haha!!

I laughed at the bird feeder/binoculars, how cute is he? Ha

Have a fab weekend
Xx

Unknown said...

Can;t wait to hear about the progressive dinner. My Junior League is hosting one after the New Year. It should be a lot of fun!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

OUr Derek's are too much alike. Love the bird feeder convo, sounds like one we would have here! Can't wait to hear more about the progressive dinner!

Courtney said...

That sounds like something my husband would say with the birds. Silly men.
I LOVE that idea of the dinner with the neighbors, we're trying to get our street together next month so I'll throw that one out there. Have a great weekend!

dave and jenn said...

We JUST mailed all of our cards yesterday. It was a job getting them all addressed!

I'm laughing at Derek's obsession with the neighborhood birds.

As for the check engine light... Dave had that happen recently and found out he just needed a new gas cap. It was a $12 fix and hasn't come back on since!

Jena Roach said...

:) Randomness is always the best.

I love that you're so on the ball with Christmas cards. I totally need to do that!

Ha ha. Bird man.

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

The bird feeder convo made me laugh and that is an intriguing email!!

Faith said...

I love random blog posts, they are always my favorite.

Sucks that the engine light came back on!

I really wanted to do personalize Christmas cards this year but of course I didn't. I hope that next year I follow in your steps :)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Kristin said...

cute cards!!

Katrin said...

I really need to send out Christmas cards! I should do it as soon as possible!

Jax said...

Can't wait to read about the progressive dinner!!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Love the updates! I'm so behind in getting Christmas cards!