Image Map

Monday, September 16, 2013

Weekend Recap!

First, thank you all for your sweet comments about our nursery!  We are thrilled with how it turned out and cannot wait for the arrival of our daughter! 

Well, this weekend flew by for us!!  We had a super great weekend with amazing weather….so excited to have a preview of fall weather.

Friday, we had our maternity pictures with Michelle.  She is good friends with our neighbor, who was nice enough to give us a gift card at our Gender Reveal party for her services.  I had been hoping for some cooler weather because I wanted to rock some fall clothes.  Well, we got our wish!  The high for that day was 60 some degrees.  PEFECT!  We were shocked to get home from dinner that night to see some sneak peeks up on facebook and I have to say, I am so excited to see the rest of these photos!  They are exactly the look-and-feel I was hoping for!

photo 2

photo 3

photo 4

After our pictures, we had dinner at a local wine bar/restaurant.  It has been a year or so since we have been there, so we were very excited to be back.  They have seasonal menus, so it is always a question mark what the options will be. 


photo 1

I had the Tanglewood Farms Fried Chicken & Waffle and Derek had the Monkfish special.  It was such a great and romantic dinner.  We are so thankful to have such a great restaurant so close to us.  It really was a perfect date night.


Saturday, our friends Kristin and Vince came down from Columbus to visit.

photo 7

I rocked my Nora and Jac Ohio State headband while watching the game.  We grilled out and had a lot of fun catching up with them!  Amazing dessert recipe coming later this week.


I also got my adorable polka dot camera strap that I ordered from Very Jane.  I’ve always wanted a cute camera strap to replace the original Nikon one.  Love this one!

photo 5


Sunday, we took our dogs to Wags Park.  It was Brutus’ first time and I was so impressed!

photo 6

They have a couple of huge ponds for the dogs.  To our surprise, Brutus got right in and enjoyed himself.  Not only do they have the normal dog park amenities (large open spaces, ponds, agility training equipment, etc.), but they also have a huge screen tv and bar for the humans.  We will definitely be going back!

Hope you had a great weekend.


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your maternity pictures are STUNNING!!!

Sarah said...

LOVE the photos!!!
Your headband looks adorable and I'm so glad Brutus had fun at Wags!! Floyd wants to him there soon!!

Candace said...

Your pictures are beautiful! What a precious bump!

Anne said...

Ahh, so excited about your photos! Can't wait to see more and hear about how it went... Great time to get in a romantic date too - we're starting to do stuff like this as much as possible, realizing how soon things will change.

Erin LFF said...

You look AMAZING Katie, seriously. It's unfair how gorgeous you are :) Your pictures turned out great too!

Is Wags the park in Newtown? If so, that's right by our church and we always creep on all the cute dogs there haha!

Kate said...

Loving everything about this post!! Your maternity pics turned out perfect -- so fall-ish... that's a word, right? ;)

Becky said...

The pictures looked like they turned out so great!! And that sounds like a pretty awesome dog park. Brutus is such a cutie :)

According to Jax said...

Omg! Obsessed with these photos!! Soooooo good!! :)

Jordon said...

love the shoes in the maternity photos! soo good!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

Your maternity pics are gorgeous!

Jamie Hart said...

Awww!! I was hoping that you would have more pics up today! You look stunning and the setting is perfect for pictures! I always thought I would like beach pictures but I'm loving how the outdoor, woodsy look is! And your dog park.. Oh Em Gee! We have two here and they are both very nice, one of them is on the Bayou too.. but yours, geez! XOXO

Katrin said...

Your maternity pictures are fantastic! You look so beautiful! And I love Brutus!

Courtney said...

I wish we had a dog park like that here! What a good idea!

Pegster said...

The maternity sneak peak look awesome, can't wait to see the rest. Your photographer was definitely quick at posting them.

Lauren said...

Love your maternity photos and that dog park looks awesome!!! :-)

Kristen said...

Love the photos! You look gorgeous Katie!

And that food looks delicious - yum!

Faith said...

Your maternity pictures are fabulous! You look so good!

Glad you had a great date night! Loving your camera strap!

Jen said...

Your pictures look amazing! You two are both such a cute couple!! And I love your headband. That is the second one I have saw this week, and I think I now totally need to get one...ha. I also wanted to give you a heads up that I mentioned your blog today as one that I have been loving lately :)

Mrs. Pancakes said...

You are adorable and your maternity pictures are just gorgeous...great job!!

Unknown said...

These are so amazing. How do you look so great this far along!? Love them!