Image Map

Monday, September 9, 2013

Weekend Recap!

Well, this weekend was an exciting one!  Let’s jump right into it with my shower on Saturday….

My Mom threw my second shower and it couldn’t have been more fun!  Let’s just say that after the crappy week I had, this was the perfect way to end the week!  I’ll be sure to include all the details on what’s been going on in my bump update next week! 

We had the perfect group of all of my neighbors and some family members. 

DSC_0007
Ribbet collage
See those adorable little booties…my mom made them!!  I’m so excited because will the extra, we are going to stuff them with some pink & white M&M’s for the hospital to hand out to the nurses.  Such a great idea (thanks, Mom!).

DSC_0006
Ribbet collage2
Brutus had to get in on the action!  He felt quite honored considering he was the only guy allowed to be there ;)

DSC_0036
All the ladies!

Not only was the afternoon a lot of fun but most exciting, we received our car seat as a gift!!  YAY, now we can officially take our baby girl home from the hospital when she makes her debut.

Saturday evening, Derek and I headed off to my work event.
DSC_0028
Some how I lost my Nikon wireless remote (seriously, I never lose anything!) and I was trying to get a full body picture….but, this is what I ended up with.  One, I wanted to show off the bump!  And two, Saturday was the first time I’ve worn heels since I’ve been pregnant.  At first when I stepped into the heels, I was like, ow these hurt.  But then after walking around in them, I couldn’t stop thinking about how much I’ve missed walking in heels!!  Made me feel a lot more like myself.

Anyway, we attended the Gourmet Sensation, a benefit for Hospice of Cincinnati, downtown.  I’ve always wanted to go to this event and was sooooo incredibly excited to attend!
photo
Basically, you have your wine glass (which was sadly not utilized by me that night) and your plate, and you walk around to all these different stations and try gourmet food.  They bring in chefs from all around the country.  Each dish was paired with both a wine and beer. Although I didn’t get to try the pairings and some of the food (i.e. the tuna tartare and caviar), all of the dishes were very good and a lot of fun to try.  I tried rabbit for the first time and actually found a lamb dish I actually liked.  We kinda felt like we were at an event you would see on Top Chef.  PS- can’t wait for that new season to start!!

Well hope you had a great weekend.  Our week is super busy with our first class, doctor appointment, and maternity pictures.   Looking forward to all of it!


 

20 comments:

brittany @ g squared said...

Had a blast Saturday! You looked great! Can't wait for her arrival and to finally get to hear her name lol!!

Sarah said...

The shower is SO cute and I LOVE that dress!

Jamie Hart said...

Awww! Your mom did such a great idea and I love the idea of giving out little gifts to the nurses! You look so great! Oh and did you lose the remote while you were pregnant? That's preggo brain/mommy brain for you! I bet you find it after the baby comes!! XOXO

Becky said...

Those booties are SO cute! What a great idea!! Mom's are always full of those :) Glad you had another great shower! Have fun with the maternity pictures!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun Saturday night event! I want to go to one of those now! And your mom threw a gorgeous baby shower!

Kristin said...

Loving the pink and zebra print from the shower! Your mom did great!

Lauren said...

The shower looked wonderful and sounds like a fun event too :-)

Erin LFF said...

Looks so perfect! :) Love the idea of using the booties for the nurses! You look amazing!!

Jordon said...

love love love that dress!! I hope you are able to go back next year and try all the wine your heart desires!

Kait said...

I'm probably so late to notice, but I LOVE your new blog design! It's adorable..just like you and that precious baby bump :)

Jill J. said...

You look so cute. I love your shower dress! :)

Jill
Classy with a Kick

Allison said...

Oh my gosh...paper booties?! This is the cutest thing ever. And you look amazing. Love that dress on you. :)

eray said...

that baby shower is darling , your mom is so talented!

Jen said...

Such a cute shower, and those booties are adorable. Your Mom did a great job and you look amazing! And how fun does that event sound! How was the rabbit? I tried duck one time and it was kind of like dark meat chicken. I am not the most adventurous with my food, but as I am getting older, I have been a little better at trying different things.

Kristen said...

Such a cute shower, and you look gorgeous!

That benefit sounded amazing!

Pegster said...

So nice of your mom for throwing you a second shower, your baby girl is well celebrated for sure.

Look at Brutus, the only boy allowed at the party, I am sure he loved that

Megan O. said...

looking good mama!!!! Love seeing that bump :) Your shower decor was so cute, love those little booties and that's a great idea to take things to the hospital to hand out. Definitely stealing that one :P

Kristen said...

Cute shower!! Congrats!!

Anne said...

Love all this pink shower stuff :) Sounds like fun, and you are looking great, lady! And isn't it crazy how real a car seat makes things?! Just wait until you start driving around with it in your back seat...

Sounds like we'll have a lot to catch up on for another lunch date after your busy week!

Katrin said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Love the pictures of your shower! And you look so beautiful!